Objective: Add a VLAN to isolate VDI traffic. The network consists of a Cisco core, a Windows domain, a HP c7000 Chassis housing G6 blades with Flex-10 networking between the blades and the Cisco core.
1. CISCO- Add the VLAN number to the trunk port on the Cisco switch. Verify connectivity to the core router.
2. HP VIRTUAL CONNECT MANAGER- Add the VLAN number to the Shared Uplink Set
3. HP VIRTUAL CONNECT MANAGER- Map the new VLAN to the Ethernet Adapter
a. In the Server Profiles section, edit the the profile you need to change.
b. In the Ethernet Adapter Connections, edit the Multiple Networks network name by clicking the notepad icon. Drag the new VLAN from the “Networks NOT in Mapping” section on the left to the “Networks IN Mapping” on the right.
c. Verify the “Force the same VLAN mappings in the the Shared Uplink Set” is checked. Click OK
d. Apply the new setting by clicking the Apply button at the bottom of the profile editor page
4. VMWARE- Add a port group to the vSwitch and assign it the VLAN number
5. WINDOWS- Add the new subnet to the Sites and Services for AD